15/03/2019: Today's Updates... 6.55pm...
As mentioned earlier, the avalanche level was raised to a maximum of 5 out of 5 this morning, on a local level, which resulted in the closure of most of the PLJ sector for a time and the upper mountain elsewhere, with some of those upper lifts remaining closed all day. This evening, avalanche work is continuing, with visible flashes and loud blasts coming from the Linga area. The snowfalls which have brought this high level of snowpack instability are estimated to be around the 40cm mark at 1800m, so not massive, but it is one of those situations whereby no chances are being taken. Hopefully the ski area will return to a more normal operating status tomorrow.
Avalanche risk has been increased to 5 - which is keeping most if PLJ shut at present.
Bonjour... sleet and rain has been falling in the village since the last update yesterday evening...
The forecast page is expected to be updated at 7.00am this morning.
How you can help this season... you will notice on some pages that there is a PayPal tip/donation box, eg on the "About Us" page, where you can send us a tip, if you like what we are doing. There is no obligation to do so, but any donations will help the running costs of this site during the winter season. The more people who help, the better we can make this site.