29/02/2020: Today's Updates... Day 80...
Updates today have been on the WhatsApp group, including items on the wind forecast tomorrow and the freezing level overnight, which has implications for snowfall.
High winds closed most of the upper lifts this afternoon.
Currently raining in the village and, based on latest hi-res model info, accumulating snow is not expected in the village tonight, though we may see some lakes falling. Next update early tomorrow on whether that proves to be correct or not, followed by the forecast update.
Photos from before the bad weather closed in...
Bonjour from Chatel... there have been rain showers overnight, though the weather is now drier with variable amounts of cloud overhead, with an air temperature at 1200m - a fairly mild 2.5C.
This morning's forecast is expected to be online at 8.00am... http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_forecast.php - and updates on this page will follow during the day.
How you can help this season... you will notice on some pages that there is a PayPal tip/donation box, eg on the "About Us" page, where you can send us a tip, if you like what we are doing. There is no obligation to do so, but any donations will help the running costs of this site during the winter season. This will also give you access to the WhatsApp group - which on some days, will be the only place where forecasts and snow reports are posted. If you are a business - you can sponsor the site in various ways - so contact us for more info.
Gold Level Sponsors:
Chalet Transfers - providing shared and private Geneva airport transfers to Chatel.
TORR Snowboarding - Chatel Snowboard Specialists.
Private Individuals: We currently nearly 60 private individuals who sponsor the site - many thanks to them all